The budget allocation is agreed between our school and the Local Authority at the beginning of each financial year. Detail of how this money is used to support children and young people with SEND is shown below. This is monitored each term by the Governing Body.
Full details about the way in which funding is allocated to schools for special educational needs provision can be found here:
This is used to support children and young people with SEND through:
- Improved pupil:teacher ratio
- Purchase of additional resources to support specific outcomes for pupils
- Tracking and monitoring of achievement
- Targeted intervention and support programs
- Specialist Teaching Assistants to provide effective support
- Early identification and assessment
- Improved ICT resources – iPads/ New Model Interactive Whiteboards in all classrooms/ Laptops
- Continuous CPD for all staff
- Purchase of Service Level Agreements to provide additional specialist and targeted support
- Education Visits
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
A Costed Provision Map will be developed in liaison with the child, young person, parent or carer. An example of a costed provision map can be found here:
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.