This section of our website provides parents and carers with useful information if you are considering our school or have a child who is a pupil at our school.
At Stanley Crook Primary School, we are extremely lucky to have a supportive and friendly parent body.
Our parents recognise that educating children is a process that involves partnership between parents, teachers and the school community. It is extremely important to have a good working relationship between home and school to equip children with the necessary skills for adulthood.
It is equally important for school staff to work and focus on educating children in an environment free from any form of abuse or threat.
For these reasons, we continue and encourage all parents/carers to participate positively and constructively in the life of our School.
What is important is how we behave together. We expect that parents/carers:
- Respect the caring ethos of our school
- Understand that both teachers and parents need to work together for the benefit of their children
- Demonstrate that all members of the school community should be treated with respect and therefore, set a good example in their own speech and behaviour, as everyone in school is a positive role model. This includes areas such as communicating with school staff (whether face-to-face, or via online platforms) and when parking near to and around the school
- Seek to understand a child’s version of events and also the view of school, in order to bring solutions to any issues and resolve any incidents
- Approach school to help resolve any issues of concern in a positive and constructive manner. This should be done through the appropriate channels by speaking to the class teacher, member of the Leadership Team, Headteacher or the Chair of Governors so they can be dealt with fairly, appropriately and effectively for all concerned.
T.E.A.M = Together Everyone Achieves More
If you would like a paper copy (or any other format) of any of our documents on our website please speak to the school office, who will provide them to you free of charge. If you require further information about any of the items shown in this section, please contact the school and we will do our best to help.