The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
At Stanley Crook Primary School, we aim to support the development of the whole child and to ensure we are effective in this we recognise the need to develop and maintain effective partnerships.
First and foremost, we work hard to develop and maintain positive relationships with the child and their parents and carers.
However, it is also essential that we work closely with the following external agencies, these include:
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Local Authority Special Educational Needs Inclusion Team
- Durham Education Psychology Service
- First Contact
- One Point Hub
- Health Agencies such as School Nurses and GPs
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Autistic Spectrum Team
- Behaviour Support Service/ Crisis Response
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- Treetops Occupational Therapy Service for Children
- Educational Social Workers
- Looked After Children Team
- Learning Difficulties and Disability Support Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Medical Practitioners
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.